Thursday, July 8, 2010

Reflexologist visit, climbed a volcano and general restlessness






















The visit to the reflexologist resulted in the appearance of a hummingbird and a one hour story sharing episode from Toño, the reflexologist. This all started because I got sick (not sure eating what, whether meat, cheese or just too much chilies!), which resulted in Alejandro and his gf Giovanna (my friend Pepe's nephew and nephew's gf) from sharing the story of a couple who have cured her hyperthyroidism, and him, his seafood poisoning by a twist of the foot and by using magnet therapy. Sounds all too good to be true, but they are testaments of such treatments. Intrigued, I thought it wouldn't hurt to try an alternative healing method, especially the story of 7 years spent in Asia learning can nothing but pick my curiosity. I asked Gio if she knew why such accomplished couple decided to stay in a small town of San Luis Potosí (honestly an unattractive city where most jobs come from working for the corrupt govt...), which to this day does not appeal to me at all if it wasn't for the people, instead of moving onward to bigger cities where they can definitely make a fortune. She didn't really know other than they liked the city and that it is 'tranquil'. Somehow I wasn't satisfied with the answer.


Toño, a rather serious man of a thin figure, wasted no time in asking me what I came to see him for. I interrupted him by telling him that I think it is fascinating the kind of cures he has provided for my friends and that it is a priviledge to meet him. I've also inquired him about his years spent in Asia. Somehow, this propelled him into a one hour+ of his role on earth. He has actually spent 7 years in Taiwan and in China. The majority of his masters and his contacts are actually from Taiwan. He spent all those years in search of a master as well as doing a preparation (of 30 yrs in total) as a part of a secret society. He explained to me that the human soul has 7-8 states, and that his job is to help most of the livings souls to attain the 1st level, physical. Only thereafter, one can achieve a higher level of illumination. He informed me also that there are 9 levels of illuminated souls and that he has met a few, one of which is at the 8th level. As a comparison, the Dalai Lama is between lvl 1 & 2, and Shiva is about 3rd. Just to say that we are actually still struggling to attain physical peace! I cannot imagine how it feels to be an illuminated soul, as he has told me they speak to one another using more than one language, using some that we don't even know about. And on and on he went about how when time comes, there will be only 1 religion as one of the illuminated soul will lead the way to gather the heads of the world's religions together. (Keep in mind that all this was done in Spanish! I was kicking myself for not being able to understand every detail of his fascinating narration, yet thankful that I can grasp the majority of it!) Toño answered my question as to his purpose in staying in San Luis, without me having to verbalized it.


Finally after his story, he spent 20 min revising my feet. I didn't have to tell him anything and he simply took my feet and started pressing onto particular points. Meanwhile, he told me about how he has had, starting 5 days ago, seen images of an asian person who will visit/contact him. And this image keeps on getting stronger everyday. Initially he thought it could mean someone of his contact but he knew, the moment he saw me, that I was the one! Neither him nor I know how to interpret this, but this shall explain why he spent so long in sharing with me his life story!

After I got out of the consultation, Gio & Pepe told me that, while waiting outside, a hummingbird paid them a visit, at within inches distances of their eyes, where there no flowers! As magical it was to spend time with Toño, simultaneously nature spoke to them :) Gio also told me that Toño never talks much other than the consultation, but yet, he spoke for 1hr with me. What to take away from all this? I wish I have a clue!!

On my last evening, Gio and Ale cooked a special pasta dish with rosé wine for my goodbye meal. Thus ended my visit to San Luis Potosí and onward to Uruapan, in the state of Michoácan to pay a visit to a mexican friend.


Uruapan:

Day 1: couldn't find my friend, but did succeed in meeting a friendly couch surfing buddy.

Day 2: decided to walk and climb the inactive Volcano Parícutin, height of 2800m, it appears on many versions of the Seven Natural Wonders of the World. I decided I wanted to walk the 14km round-trip to the volcano. However, was approached by an old man and his son on horse. He proposed a guide for me as the path to the volcano is not well indicated and I may get lost. Seeing that I have no choice, I agreed only to see that he lets his 8 year old son guide me and leaves to find other customers. The walk to the volcano was an enjoyable one (I walked, the boy was on the horse). The climb lasted an excrutiating 30min! Assez pénible! Nonetheless, once on top, the air is thin and you are covered in clouds, what a weird feeling! Totally worth it though :)

The descent lasted barely 2-3min!! As for the return... I had walked only a third of the way and asked the boy to let me ride the horse! If it wasn't for the pain in my right knee, I would have walked! It was indeed an odd feeling to watch an eight year old pull your horse... I know this is normal protocol, but still made me somewhat uneasy.

That same day I met my friend but it seemed like the magic felt back in November wasn't the same anymore. Had I expected way too much? I had debated long and hard to come to Uruapan, as it is complete detour to get to Guatemala. I constantly kept on questioning whether it was meant to be, and finally the last night, the night I have decided to leave, my answer arrived. During the whole time I was in Uruapan, I had focused on my friend and paid little attention to my host, who had been more than hospitable! Attentive, open-spirit, friendly and generous. I did not appreciate what was in front of me because I felt disillusioned and that I had failed my own instincts, and failed to appreciate what was in front of me. When my host, Chucho, suggested to bring me to a restaurant for good guacamole, I couldn't refuse his kindness and thoughtfulness. (I was craving for guacamole the day before and couldn't find it). Our lunch conversation led to a fantastic exchange and self discovery. He questioned me and made me remember what I have forgotten about my past experiences. He challenged me to tell him what it is that I was looking for and what was the best experience I've had. Which brought beautiful memories. That's when I realized that I was still not ready to accept the lessons learned. I dislike breaking down in front of people! but it seems to happen more and more often these days. He managed to break down my barrier way faster than usual. Another lesson learned, not to be afraid to love, cry and to feel, whether in front of strangers or friends.
We later shared a lot of stories of our past, of how he went to the US alone when he was 16y.o. and had to struggle and find means of survival. He got into the black market business, almost got caught twice but escaped unharmed, and even had the cops show up after a 14.y.o. had eaten 3 of the space cookies (1kg worth...) his friend has made with the mom shouting that the school is doping his kid... somehow the cops just told the lady that all the boy needs is a glass of milk and called it a day! Talk about great Karma! I don't know what it is, but he seems to spread a trace of light wherever he goes. He speaks of knowledge, of learnt experience and has now veered into the right path in teaching children and owning a language school. Just about when I am about to connect to another soul, I am leaving... (that same night!) Such are my stories from Uruapan, the exact samething happened the last time I came!! Oh it breaks my heart that more of this will happen. But I am living, feeling, smiling, aching due to parting but all of these steps are part of life!
Sadly yet happilly, I said my goodbyes and am heading onward to Oaxaca, to see my sister Oaxaqueña, before heading to Guatemala. Slowly but surely :) The restlessness dissipated as I got on the bus... how strange.

3 comments:

  1. Chica, chica,

    I hope you are feeling better both physically and emotionally!

    One step at a time!

    Much love,

    sam

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have anything to say really, but this entry made me smile. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks girls for the love and encouragement! It doesn't feel like I've actually left you girls! whenever I get lonely, I can feel the love and support. Gracias mis querida chicas! Los amo!

    ReplyDelete